The Leo Moon is still in effect! We have Big Leo Energy with the Moon, Sun, Venus, and Mars in Leo and today is a great day for a new moon ritual and taking action in alignment with your intention. (Listen to your audio horoscopes and read through the monthly written horoscopes to get a better sense of what this moon is about for your signs and see how that aligns with your desires at the moment.)
The Leo New Moon is partially about our inner child, who they are, what they need, and how we can bring them with us as we also own the other part of Leo energy which is that of the leader, teacher, and guide. What if leadership were not about abandoning our vulnerability or our needs that initially went unmet, but about going back for that child and setting the example of how to be both gentle and fierce, fully present and ambitious, innocent and mature? What would that look like for you?
Leo New Moon Ritual
- Distill your intention down to 1-3 words that invoke its essence. This can be totally personal to you or you can invoke Leo themes like glamor, loyalty, leadership, fame, power, honor, and so forth.
- Carve these words into a candle (you can use a pen or any tool with a point that’s good for “writing” with.) You will, of course, want to remain focused on your attention as you carve.
- Dress your candle with olive oil (a small amount)Put a light dusting of gold glitter on a plate, along with any other ground herbs or resins you’d like to use
- Roll your candle into your glitter so you have a smattering of glitter on all sides of your candle
- Light your candle and hold your intention.
- Call in your helping spirits.
- Let your candle burn all the way down, or snuff it out (don’t blow it it) when you need to leave the house and relight when you return.